Tuesday, January 7, 2020

I got a lot done today. I fed the masses. I did 3 loads of laundry. We did all our schoolwork. We went to open gym. I exercised. I took a shower. We got outside. My robot vacuum vacuumed for me.

The kids got along pretty well and overall it was good day... until bedtime. But we survived that and everyone else is asleep now.

Here is one thing I didn't do:

I didn't wake up early to pray and read the Bible. Ok, so I never have done that, but I want to and I even set an alarm for this morning.

Not only did I not have my God time this morning, I didn't have it at quiet time either because I went for a run on the treadmill instead.

And, well, now here I sit at almost 11 P.M. staring at this screen. I did do my Bible reading eventually. But I did not feel that connected to it, what with all the interruptions from not going to bed people. I did pray before I opened this computer to write. My fingers are moving but am I really saying anything of value?

I feel pretty convicted about how I should start my day tomorrow, though. I know everyday can't be sunshine and roses, but I feel like I would be in a better place right now if I had made time for God first.

I'm setting my alarm again. 7 A.M. My intentions are to pray Psalm 143: 8 (Cause me to hear hear thy lovingkindess in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee), read a short Bible study or maybe the morning office, and do a 5 minute yoga video. Yaaaaay, ambitions.

This morning I slept through 11 minutes of the phone vibrating next to me on the nightstand, so I guess we'll see how it all unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment