Saturday, January 4, 2020

Grace.

"Grace treats us like we already are what we fear we'll never become." - Beth Moore


"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to
help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16



I don't have much to say. We had a long, good, full day that involved a trip to the beach, ear piercings, a hair cut, lots of PBJs and lots of time in the car.

I'm thinking about grace right now because it came up in a book I was reading this morning. The author was talking about giving ourselves grace so that we can "move forward in freedom."

That particular book is about building a morning routine and that part about grace is about not giving up when life, as it will, interrupts.

"We can follow the formula: guilt + grace = growth. Let's allow our guilt to trigger a reminder that we are not living the way we value and then accept the grace that God offers us so we can move forward in freedom." - Kat Lee

Now, she's not talking about the kind of guilt we beat ourselves over the head with for days (or is that just me?) or longer. She's saying, feel the guilt, and use it NOT to make ourselves feel worse, but to remind us of what we are striving for, then let it go, and keep working towards it. Move forward in freedom: freedom from the guilt. Freedom from thinking we have to do it (anything) perfectly or a certain way. Freedom from the lie that we aren't good enough, that we are incapable.

And God's grace... is freedom from the burden of thinking we have to do it (whatever it may be) all by ourselves. And that's something to be thankful for.

Grace be to you, and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment