Thursday, February 6, 2020

In the Midst

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." -Psalm 61:1-3

I used to find the Psalms a little bit hard to get through, but the more I read them, the more beautiful they become to me and the more I love them. There is a lot of praising God, but there's also a whole lot of crying out and despair. I like that. Those psalmists were keeping it real. No social media picture perfect stuff.

Life is messy and hard. Everyone's life is messy and hard. We're all going through something.

I wanted to write tonight and I prayed first like I always do, asking God to give me the words, to speak through me to whoever might read this. But the longer I sit here, the more I realize: I don't have anything profound or new or moving to say. I really just want to share some of the words that are giving me hope right now.

"For I reckon the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." -Romans 8:18

"God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her..." -Psalms 46:5

"The battle is not yours, but God's." -2 Chronicles 20:15


Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called Life.

There is hope.

“Fear not, little flock...” - Jesus (Luke 12:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment