Saturday, July 9, 2016

Time to Every Purpose

God seemed quiet in the wake of not getting the answer I had hoped for. I asked for guidance on what comes next for us. I had hoped I might "hear" from God. Husband has talked about this phenomenon, maybe I'll share some of his stories one day. Sara Hagerty also talks in her book about praying, then being quiet to listen. So that's what I did.

I don't think I heard anything. But I did fall asleep. Whoops.

The kids seemed extra loud. I had plenty of time to mull over the news and by the end of the day, I still felt a sense of peace around me, though I will admit it was colored with some irritability. I told Husband that I don't feel like it's over. I don't feel like we should move on or give up. Rather, I feel like we are waiting.

God works in His own time. Now is our time to get some things in order, to focus on our family, and maybe a little ways down the road, we will look up to see that the scenery has changed and circumstances are different. Maybe what is not possible now will be made possible later.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..." -Ecclesiastes 3:1
"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment